Village residents can register to vote at the Administration Department located in the Municipal Centre, 7401 Meyer Road. To register, residents must be 18 years or older, have lived at their current address for at least 30 days prior to the date of the next election and provide two forms of identification with at least one having their current address. Naturalized citizens registering to vote must provide the date, place and court of naturalization. Telephone number is optional, but helpful. The last 4-digits of the Social Security number are required by law, driver’s license number is also acceptable.
Following is a list of some forms of identification that are accepted:
- Driver’s License Selective Service Card
- Civic Membership Card Social Security Card
- Union Membership Card Fraternal Membership Card
- Student ID Card Credit Card
- Library Card Insurance Card
- Employee ID Card Professional Assoc. Membership Card
- Utility Bill Check Book
Voters must be registered 28 days prior to an election. Also, if you have moved or changed your name, you must re-register to be eligible to vote.
For more information regarding elections and voter registration, visit the McHenry County Clerk’s website.